Kiima Foods welcomes volunteers from Uganda and from all over the world. The motivation behind the volunteer program is a mutual exchange between the volunteer, Kiima Foods, and local communities. Therefore, the volunteer will work closely with Kiima Foods’ staff and the local communities.
The main focus of the volunteer lies in two departments (the volunteer can work in other departments depending on the need of Kiima Foods and the interest of the volunteer):
- Natural Resource Department (promoting innovative nature-based solutions and green jobs, good agricultural practices, clean cook stoves, solar home systems etc.)
- Livelihood Department (promoting climate-smart agriculture and improving household income in the rural communities based on value chains)
The tasks of the volunteer may include the following but may not be limited to.
Support Kiima Foods’ staff
– in selecting and training the youths in life skills, entrepreneurship, and vocational skills in the green sector;
– in post-training support (mentoring, startups, internship replacement, and networking to the youths);
– in preparation of training materials for the youths and the artisans for entrepreneurship;
– in attending and contributing to meetings with partner organizations and the local government;
– during field visits to community-based organizations (CBOs) in the rural communities;
– in documentation of success stories in form of picture, audio, and video;
– in conducting baseline, mid-term and long-term project intervention reports;
– in public communication (updating the website and social media channels);
– in conducting research on various topics related to environment and livelihood; and
– in drafting fundable proposals.
The tasks are not fixed and can be orientated on the abilities and interest of the volunteer.
Note: Expatriates with specific knowledge and skills are welcomed to work with Kiima Foods.
Interested? Please send us the usual documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.